60 Days Left in 2011: Let’s Finish Strong
Are you happy with where you are? If not, then you’ve got to really kick it into high gear to finish the year strong.
There is still time to pull together one or more transactions, if you put your mind and actions to it.
So what can you do? Here are 10 things I recommend to agents looking to finish 2011 strong (AND start 2012 with a bang). I warn you, these actions are NOT for the faint of heart:
- Call everyone of your past clients and Sphere of Influence and check in on them. Yes, EVERY one.
- Call all of your sellers, if you have a listing/listings, and re-position the price of their home. (We can dilly dally with this one, but the bottom line is that if it’s been on the market for 60 or more days, then it is overpriced.)
- Send MarketWatch, or whatever e-newsletter you use, to everyone in your Sphere of Influence.
- Take 3 past clients or potential clients to a meal or cup of coffee each week through the end of the year.
- Preview every listing in your farm area or around your office.
- Take a top producing agent to a meal and pick their brain about the market and what they did to become successful.
- Ask everyone you talk to if they know anyone looking to buy, sell or rent OR anyone that has any real estate-related questions.
- Call 50 Expired listings (after checking to see if they were re-listed) and ask if you can preview their home.
- Call 25 For Sale by Owner listings and ask if you can preview their home.
- Meet with your manager to review your 2011 business plan and results and plot out your 2012 business plan.
BONUS: Hold 5 open houses by December 31 and follow up via phone and e-mail with everyone who came through the open.
There’s not really space here to go over WHAT to say during these calls and meetings, but if you need help on wording/conversation starters, etc., don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.
What would YOU add to the list? Let me know so that I can share it.
We can all finish strong if we put our minds to it. What’s stopping us?